Project Homeless Connect Scheduled for May 9, 2008
Save the Date!
Project Homeless Connect
The Colorado Lawyers Committee and the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel's
(ACC) Pro Bono Committee are once again coordinating the legal volunteers for Project Homeless Connect. We are seeking volunteers (lawyers, paralegals and law students) who are willing to make a 3-hour commitment (or more) to provide information regarding legal resources available to homeless individuals and to assist in homeless court. We hope that you can volunteer at this wonderful event again (or, volunteer for the first time if you haven't joined us before).
The format of this Project Homeless Connect event will be similar to previous events:
1) The event is being held on Friday, May 9, 2008, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2) It is being held at the University of Denver in the Ritchie Center.
Parking for volunteers will be free. DU is also accessible via the E, F & H Light Rail lines.
3) We are asking that new volunteers or volunteers who have not attended a training session in the last 2 years, attend a two-hour training session scheduled for Monday, May 5th, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Arnold & Porter, 370 17th Street, Suite 4500, Denver, 80202, (303)863-1000. The training is free and will be worth 2 CLE credits. Returning volunteers are welcome to attend the training but are not required to do so.
4) We are planning 3-hour shifts -- either 9:00 a.m. to noon or noon to 3:00 p.m. We are asking that you arrive 15 minutes before your shift begins. You are also welcome to volunteer for the entire day.
5) We do not plan to use any of our legal volunteers as chaperones.
7) We are limiting the number of legal volunteers per session to increase the number of participants
each volunteer assists, so please respond early to guarantee a spot as a volunteer.
As with previous Project Homeless Connect events, no prior experience in legal issues relating to the homeless is required. We have received nearly uniform feedback that past legal volunteers felt their time and contributions made a difference in the lives of the individuals we helped. Please join us!
If you are interested in volunteering, please reply to this email or email Susan Cole at email@example.com, or call 303-863-2332. Please include the following information in your response:
1) Which shift you will attend - either 9:00 a.m. to noon or noon to 3:00 p.m. or all day. If you are flexible, let us know and we will place you where needed.
2) If you would like to help with homeless court.
3) If you plan to attend the training session.
4) The area of law that you practice.
5) If you are fluent in a language other than English.
Peter Schwartz and Tim Macdonald, Co-Chairs, Colorado Lawyers Committee
Leonard Segreti , Chair of Pro Bono Committee for the Colorado Chapter of ACC