DELVACCA CLE Monthly Institutes a Success!!
by Todd Mayover, Co-Chair HBP Committee
On January 28, 2010, DELVACCA's Health, Biotech, and Pharma Committee held its first ever event, a three hour CLE Institute at the Union League of Philadelphia. More than forty DELVACCA members from the region's pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and science research centers attended the event, which was sponsored by Conrad O'Brien, PC; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP; and Cozen O'Connor. Panelists, including Patrick Meehan, former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, presented on such timely topics as state physician disclosure trends, a review of emerging legal trends for pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and an overview of recently enacted changes to federal privacy laws.
Among the comments from the attendees were:
- "I think this was a great CLE - very current, relevant. Great set of very experienced speakers."
- "Excellent program; very current info."
- "Thank you." "I especially enjoyed Pat Meehan."
- " Skadden's presenters were superb, informative, informal, flexible and responsive."
- "Overall, very good seminar."