Job List - October 31, 2011
Job List, October 31, 2011
Listings that are new in this edition are shown with an asterisk *
Please remember, if your company has a job opening, please let us know by contacting our new Editor, Rebecca Grossenbacher at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include your opening in our biweekly announcement. Exceptional targeted marketing for free!!
Do you wish your company could be listed at the top of our list? Contact us directly with your opening. And you can help make this Job List more successful: Put this Job List in the hands of your HR department so that they know how to advertise for in-house attorneys, when the time comes. Take action now!
IN HOUSE EMPLOYMENT COUNSEL
PETCO, San Diego
Source: Member Referral
National Corporation with San Diego headquarters is seeking an employment attorney to join its Law Group. The position reports to Senior Employment Counsel and requires regular and direct contact with Senior Management, including the Vice President and General Counsel of the corporation. Provide legal advice on a wide range of employment matters on a day to day basis to include, but not limited to, employee relations, terminations, discipline, wage and hour compliance and disputes, investigations, leaves of absence, employment agreements, benefits and related matters. Coordinate with Employee Relations/HR team and others within the company to manage/oversee administrative agency matters. Monitor legislative developments to ensure continued compliance with national and local employment labor laws and regulations. Draft litigation hold memoranda/notices and manage company’s litigation hold processes. Position entails a high degree of responsibility and maturity. REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will have 4 to 6 years employment specialty experience in a major law firm (additional in-house experience is a plus). Experience in representing a national retailer or retail organization is preferred. Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of and expertise in employment law matters to include claims related to wage and hour matters, wrongful termination, reductions in force, discrimination, harassment, personnel policies and all aspects of agency compliance. Candidates should have solid experience in corporate counseling, representing corporations in EEOC/state agency administrative matters (including drafting position statements), discovery matters and conducting investigations. Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills are essential to the successful performance of this position. The candidate should have a proven problem-solving ability, strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. The candidate must have strong academic credentials and be a member in good standing of the State Bar of California. To Apply: http://jobline.acc.com/jobs#/detail/4489807
Active Network, San Diego
Source: Member Referral
Provide ongoing legal advice and counsel to Senior Level Management and Human Resource professionals on range of employment matters, including wage and hour, harassment, discrimination, termination and employee benefit issues. * Work with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic advice and counseling in all aspects of employment law.* Monitor legislative developments and anticipate and guard against legal risks involving the company (and provide cost benefit analysis when identifying risks).* Draft and review employment-related policies and agreements.* Prepare and/or review company submissions to the EEOC and other state and/or local agencies.* Represent company in employment matters in front of various federal, state and/or local agencies. * Demonstrate ability to effectively work with all levels in the Corporation and prioritize conflicting demands.* Research and analyze various legal issues and render opinions as requested by Senior Employment Counsel and/or General Counsel.* Draft employment agreements and other employment-related documents.* Provide legal advice in connection with internal employment-related investigations.* Oversee litigation hold/preservation processes in litigation matters, including drafting of litigation hold memoranda/ notices in employment-related agency and court-filed disputes.The successful candidate will support the company with drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, including every type of agreement affecting the various divisions of the company (e.g., licensed and hosted software and other technology related agreements; NDAs/confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, strategic alliance agreements, license and cross-licensing agreements, marketing services agreements, subcontractor agreements, RFPs, statements of work, state and federal government contracts, etc.). Experience with contest/sweepstakes rules is a plus. This is a temporary position.Requirements:
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain contractual terms and conditions and legal principles to business staff and customers and assist with negotiation strategy.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance issues including, but not limited to, print advertising, state and federal trade and competition regulations and statutes, federal and state privacy laws, and merchant and merchant service provider and electronic payment processing rules and regulations.
- Experience with review, drafting and negotiation of federal, state and local government contracts related to, among other things, customer facing hosted software licensing, products and services procurement and professional services.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a high and diverse volume of contractual and other legal matters with limited supervision; this includes self-initiation of problem identification and resolution for company’s benefit even where not specifically pre-directed by supervisor.
- Must also be able to work in team environment to reach goals and objectives.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to mitigating risk to the corporate client.
- Ability to work directly with the most senior levels of management and to effectively communicate legal issues and obtain input and decision making within tight deadlines.
- Assess and develop appropriate processes for legal compliance for company.
- Assess and communicate recommended training for the department.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and cope well with change.
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- 3+ years of solid commercial contracts review, negotiation, and drafting experience.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Familiar with MS Office applications (particularly tracked changes/redlining), as well as other document management and review/comparison systems as well as ability to work with Internet, Microsoft Outlook and other applicable computer applications/tools.
- Comfort with simple calculations.
- Ability to have a good time in a casual atmosphere, while working hard and meeting expectations! Candidates can also apply directly using this link: http://goo.gl/RmXdO
SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL
Accelyrs, Inc., San Diego
Source: Member Referral
The Senior Corporate Counsel will be a trusted business partner, principally to the Sales, Services and Business Development divisions. Primary responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing and revising enterprise software license agreements. JD and admission to the California Bar Association is required including a minimum of 5 years of experience in enterprise software licensing, preferably at a publicly held software company. Excellent knowledge of corporate, contract and intellectual property laws a must. Merger, acquisition and business development experience is a plus. A flexible attitude and ability to work well with changing priorities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks will also be needed in this role. The candidate must have the demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a sales driven environment and recognize the importance of relationship building and professionalism in interacting with both senior management and staff employees. Please refer to the following link in order to apply: https://www5.ultirecruit.com/ACC1007/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
General Atomics, San Diego
Under general direction, this position will function in a generalist role supporting the General Counsel and lead attorneys. Guides the successful resolution of legal problems, examines various documents and data and provides counsel to all levels of management, including senior management, on best courses of action. Negotiates and prepares a variety of contractual documents in connection with distributors, sales representatives, licenses, purchases, sales, loans, leases, real estate, employment, insurance, mergers, acquisitions and related matters and maintains a currency on legislative issues, statutes, decisions, laws, regulations and ordinances. Represents the Company with outside parties and also acts as an agent for the corporation in various transactions. Duties may also include providing various levels of legal advice and service concerning rights, obligations, and privileges of the corporation including patent/intellectual property, copyright, or trademark matters. May have responsibility for providing direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Analyzes, prepares, and reviews various matters including contractual documents to ensure the Company's interests are protected. May consult with or refer matters to outside counsel as required, typically upon recommendation of the General Counsel. Reviews and identifies legal or contractual issues and provides guidance to all levels of management on resolving those issues; develops solutions to unusual or complex problems. May assist with analysis and advice regarding litigation and pre-litigation matters. May also assist with negotiation and drafting of various agreements and coordinates the execution of those documents. Reviews agreements, evaluates the documentation and authorization forms to identify problematic provisions, determine if the minimum requirements are met, and ensure consistency with laws, government regulations, economic conditions, and company policies. Remains current on state and federal laws, regulations and practices affecting company business. Reviews Company policies and procedures as required and works with compliance staff on the same. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations and company policies wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Performs other duties as assigned or required. Typically requires undergraduate and law school (LL.B. or J.D.) degrees and a license to practice law in the State of California or a jurisdiction in which the Company does business. Typically requires four or more years of progressively more complex legal experience. Must have experience and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, professional legal environment. Must have an extensive understanding of state, federal and international legal principles, concepts, theory, laws, regulations, and practices as well as leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones. Must possess the ability to resolve complex legal issues; possess strong communication and presentation skills, serve as spokesperson on assigned projects. Must be able to effectively interface with other departments; all levels of management; professional and support staff; customers; potential customers; and, government representatives. Must excel in demonstrating judgment, tact, discretion, strict confidentiality, composure, and diplomacy. Must also be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, work extended hours, and travel as required. May be required to obtain a security clearance. To Apply: http://hodes.jobhost.org/viewjob.php?id=1474250&sourcename=Indeed
Sempra Pipeline and Storage, San Diego
Sempra Pipelines & Storage is currently seeking a Senior Counsel, to be based in San Diego, CA. The Senior Counsel analyzes, develops, coordinates, supervises and administers the provision of complex legal services for Sempra Pipelines & Storage and its operating companies, while under the direction of the Vice President and General Counsel and the Senior International Counsel.• Primarily responsible for structuring, negotiating and documenting a variety of complex and ordinary course transactions, including recourse and non-recourse financings, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and other business arrangements, particularly as they relate to the Business Unit’s Latin American investments.• Work in conjunction with Sempra Energy’s corporate secretary’s office and tax department in assisting in the administration and structuring of the Business Unit’s ownership interests in its U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries.• Analyze complex business situations and develop recommendations which meet the Business Unit’s legal and business needs.• Coordinate, implement and monitor legal services to the Business Unit to facilitate and achieve Business Unit objectives, including working closely with internal and external counsel in Latin America, along with the senior managers in the Latin American subsidiaries and in the Business Unit itself.• Provide oversight and support over transactions and other legal activities within the Business Unit, especially activities involving the operating companies in Latin America. Successful candidates must demonstrate excellent legal analysis, writing, and communications, they must have a J.D. or LL.M from an accredited law school. Must be a member in good standing of the California Bar or another U.S Jurisdiction. 8 or more years of relevant transactional experience. To Apply: http://jobbank.mcca.com/jobs/4567640?utm_source=BoxwoodIndeed&utm_medium=Indeed&utm_campaign=Boxwood%2BIndeed%2BFeed
Kimco Realty Corp, Vista
The legal department of Kimco Realty Corporation is seeking a transactional Attorney with 5+ years experience to join its Western Region staff at its North San Diego County, California office. The candidate’s experience should have an emphasis on retail real estate related transactional matters; leasing; and, legal work with associated with the ownership, management and operation of shopping centers. The position involves the drafting and negotiation of related legal documents along with research and analysis of legal issues. To be considered, the candidate must be an individual who is a team player capable of working with a variety of individuals and disciplines with the drive to work independently on multiple projects with competing time deadlines. This individual will report to our Regional General Counsel for the Western Region, and will work with other KIMCO associates, including, other members of our in-house legal department as well as outside counsel. The candidate must be a member of the California bar. 3-5 years as an accredited attorney. Minimum of 3 years of transactional work. Active membership in the CA Bar Association. To Apply: http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?ipath=EXIND&siteid=cbindeed&Job_DID=J3H4J66XSWGK3TBWR35
Unnamed Company, San Diego
Senior Counsel The candidate will analyze, develop, coordinate, supervise and administer the provision of complex Legal services for company and its operating companies, while under the direction of the Vice President and General Counsel and the Senior International Counsel. Primarily responsible for structuring, negotiating and documenting a variety of complex and ordinary course transactions, including recourse and non-recourse financings, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, Commercial contracts and other business arrangements, particularly as they relate to the Business Unit's Latin American investments. Work in conjunction with company's corporate Secretary's Office and tax department in assisting in the Administration and structuring of the Business Unit's ownership interests in its U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries. Analyze complex business situations and develop recommendations which meet the Business Unit's Legal and business needs. Coordinate, implement and monitor Legal services to the Business Unit to facilitate and achieve Business Unit objectives, including working closely with internal and external counsel in Latin America, along with the senior managers in the Latin American subsidiaries and in the Business Unit itself. Provide oversight and support over transactions and other Legal activities within the Business Unit, especially activities involving the operating companies in Latin America. Interact with the Business Unit executives and upper Management of other client groups. Perform other duties as assigned. The candidate must have a J.D. degree from an accredited law school, and be a member in good standing of the California Bar or another U.S Jurisdiction. 5+ years of relevant transactional experience is required. Should preferably have experience with a well established law firm and/or a Corporate Law department at a multi-national company. Experience with International transactions in Latin America and the energy Industry are pluses. Must demonstrate excellent Legal analysis, Writing, and Communications. Should be bilingual (English/Spanish) and be able to perform Legal work in both a U.S. and Latin American environment, working in both English and Spanish. Will require frequent Travel to Latin America and some Travel within the United States. To Apply: http://www.gcconsulting.com/joblisting.php?id=10610&key2=nwo
*SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL
Unnamed Company, San Diego
Senior Corporate Counsel The candidate will be a trusted business partner, principally to the sales, services and Business Development divisions. Primary responsibilities will include Drafting, reviewing and revising enterprise software license agreements. Should have a J.D. degree and admission to the California Bar Association. Must have 5+ years of experience in enterprise software licensing, preferably at a publicly held software company. Excellent knowledge of corporate, Contract and Intellectual Property laws a must. Merger, acquisition and Business Development experience is a plus. To Apply: http://www.gcconsulting.com/joblisting.php?id=10641&key2=nwo
Unnamed Companies, San Diego
Davidson Attorneys has several immediate opportunities (both contract and direct hire) for Contracts Specialists with 3+ years of experience working in-house in a legal department. We are looking for paralegals, JD’s and attorneys with experience drafting and negotiating complex contracts, license and service agreements (specifically technology, IP, software and data) and reporting to senior executives. The ideal candidates have outstanding communication skills, strong negotiation and drafting skills, the ability to think strategically, and the desire to establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients and business partners. If you have the above experience, we want to hear from you! For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com .
LEGAL COUNSEL AND HEALTHCARE REGUALTORY AFFAIRS
QUALCOMM Labs, Inc. San Diego
The successful Legal Counsel & Healthcare Regulatory Affairs candidate will provide general legal counsel to all aspects of Qualcomm's Wireless Health (QWH) business conducted by its wholly-owned subsidiary Qualcomm Labs, Inc. The ultimate responsibility of this position is to facilitate the business objectives of QWH by providing timely and effective legal support to all QWH functions, as well as minimizing potential legal exposure and risk. A primary role of the position is to help drive the development of QWH's strategy with respect to the development and distribution of FDA (and similar foreign regulatory agency)-regulated devices and QWH's managed services, consistent with QWH's growth goals and applicable global healthcare laws (e.g. HIPAA, HITECH, Stark, Health Reimbursement, Accountable Care Act, etc.) and regulations (e.g. FDA, CE, MHRA, etc.). The position will advise and consult with stakeholders and project managers, as well as with the relevant organizational leaders, on regulatory requirements and developments. The position is responsible for ensuring that regulating body-approved prescribing information for QWH products, global healthcare regulations, and other regulatory best practices, are reflected in QWH's business activities. The position will also be responsible for day-to-day oversight over other legal matters affecting QWH, including commercial contracts (which typically involve managed services, software development & licensing, electronic contracting, hardware development & supply, as well as various marketing arrangements), dispute resolution and intellectual property matters. The position also manages outside counsel regarding appropriate compliance in marketing and promotion of QWH's products in around the world. This position is responsible for rendering practical, timely, and high quality legal counsel and guidance to all QWH departments, including Regulatory, Sales and Marketing, R&D, and Medical Affairs. The position works closely with the Corporate Compliance Department to ensure compliance throughout the organization with regard to applicable global healthcare laws and regulations, as well with the legal, finance and procurement functions. The position requires working closely with QWH business teams and regulatory affairs teams to develop creative legal strategies, plans, templates and processes for new business and commercial models, working with the business to translate new healthcare legislation and regulations into market leading business models, and structuring, negotiating and closing of highly structured commercial alliances with key strategic partners and customers to achieve key business objectives. Additional responsibilities will include: developing a framework for the business to meet evolving global regulatory requirements, the structuring of complex distribution and sourcing agreements, advising on cutting edge legal issues being raised by the use and adoption of QWH products and services, and advising the business on regulatory, privacy, antitrust and advertising/promotional matters, supply chain matters, assisting the business in structuring partner programs. Candidates should have significant in-house counsel, and global healthcare regulatory experience with excellent academic credentials, with demonstrated success. Large law-firm training is highly desired. Candidates must have demonstrated experience in global healthcare regulatory law and also should have familiarity with health care compliance, rebates and discounts for medical products, and government pricing. Experience with software licensing/development, distribution arrangements, manufacturing & supply arrangements, managed service relationships, marketing and intellectual property are highly desired. This position requires a J.D. degree from a nationally accredited law school and admission to practice law as well as 5 or more years experience as counsel on US drug/device marketing and promotion. Other Skills and Qualifications: - Experience in developing global, medical device and service strategy based on the relevant legal regulatory environment. - Expertise in global healthcare advertising and promotional regulations. - Experience in reviewing and counseling on health care professional and consumer advertising and promotion strategies and tactics. - Ability to analyze and interpret efficacy and safety data. - Strong negotiation and decision-making skills. - Comfortable providing guidance to senior management with the ability to evaluate and articulate risk. - Advanced interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). - Demonstrated counseling skills for interacting with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. - Ability to work cross-functionally, and in a matrixed environment, and build consensus among various stakeholders while maintaining a compliant approach. - Understanding of compliance and its importance in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. - Experience in telemedicine, ehealth, mhealth, wireless health preferred. To Apply: https://jobs.qualcomm.com/public/jobDetails.xhtml?requisitionId=1889275&page=jobSearch
Unnamed Company, San Diego
The candidate will be responsible for handling a wide-range of matters on behalf of various business units. Responsibilities may include compliance counseling, strategic advice and Planning, permitting, agency negotiations and advocacy, due diligence, enforcement matters, and controversy. Should have a J.D. from an accredited law school and be a member in good standing of the California Bar. Must have excellent academic credentials, 8+ years of Environmental Legal experience, a broad background in all aspects of Environmental Law but with particular expertise in project development and permitting issues. Knowledge of the utility and renewables Industry also is desirable. To Apply: http://www.gcconsulting.com/joblisting.php?id=9620&key2=nwo
BANKING / CONTRACT ATTORNEY
Unnamed Company, San Diego
Senior Counsel II The candidate will serve as senior Bank regulatory and contracts attorney to provide Legal support to contracts Management and Regulatory Compliance functions. Will provide Legal counsel to Bank's contracts Management function and assist in negotiating major Bank contracts. Provide Legal counsel to various Bank units related to compliance with the Banking laws, and related laws, including the Dodd-Frank Act, and regulations applicable to banks, including regulations of the OCC and Federal Reserve. Keep informed of state and federal legislative and regulatory proposals that would affect banks. Assist in Planning and creating policies for the Bank's contracts Management and Regulatory Compliance functions. May take an active role in education and training of less experienced in-house counsel or Paralegals or Bank officers. Serve as consultative resource to other in-house counsel as to assigned subject matter areas. The candidate should be a member of the California State Bar or otherwise qualified to practice law in California as in-house counsel. Must have 15+ years of experience either as in house counsel with a Bank, or experience with a law firm, providing advice to banks. Should have demonstrated ability to provide counsel and guidance to Bank officers on matters ranging from complex Legal questions or inquires to routine day-to-day Legal matters. Must have ability to analyze and research complex Legal issues and translate such research and analysis into practical and effective advice to Bank officers. Should have thorough knowledge of Legal principles applicable to Bank contracts, preferably including experience in Bank vendor Management regulation, Technology contracts, Intellectual Property rights and indemnification provisions. Must have knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to banks and to oversight of banks by government To Apply: http://www.gcconsulting.com/joblisting.php?id=9291&key2=nwo
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, LEGAL
Hyundai Capital America, Irvine
Source: Member Referral
The principal purpose of the position is to work with the Director, Legal and Compliance to provide strategic legal direction and advice to HCA senior management in all aspects of HCA’s operations and business. The position coordinates and manages HCA’s legal affairs and integration of legal and regulatory compliance into all aspects of HCA’s business. The Team Lead, Legal is responsible for direct management of the activities of Legal Department team members to ensure optimal workload distribution and provide growth opportunities.
1. Work with the Director, Legal & Compliance to establish strategic direction and optimal structure for Legal Department
2. Coordinate delegation of responsibility for legal projects to attorneys and paralegals
3. Develop effective system for communication of legal information to impacted stakeholders, including communication of legal and regulatory changes and findings, developments impacting business processes, and analysis of needed process changes.
4. Design and implement improvements of legal department processes; formulate key Legal group performance metrics
5. All other duties as assigned
10- 12 years progressively responsible experience in handling all legal aspects of financial services business, including program development and design, structured finance, litigation management, regulatory matters and commercial lending and workouts; in-house experience with automobile finance a strong plus
* 4-5 years legal department management experience
* Strong knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing consumer finance and privacy.
* Client service orientation
* Understanding of indirect credit operational, processes, systems and technology.
* Excellent communication skills; ability to interface with team members, outside legal counsel and business groups at all levels of the organization.
* Strong problem solver; excellent project management skills; attention to detail.
* Effective leadership, management and advocacy skills.
To Apply: Please send your resume along with cover letter and salary history to: HR@hcamerica.com. Included requisition number, position title and your name on the subject line. Attachment must be in MS Word or plain text format.
Hyundai Capital America, Irvine
Source: Member Referral
The essential purpose of this position is to limit risk to Hyundai Capital America (HCA) by providing legal guidance concerning legal and regulatory requirements and managing litigation. The Senior Counsel – Compliance provides legal and regulatory advice concerning business issues, policies, procedures, communications, forms and documents, and advises on contractual matters, dealer and customer complaints and concerns, and licensing and regulatory matters. This attorney also oversees defense of litigation brought against HCA by consumers in order to limit harmful precedents and financial exposure.
Secondary functions of the position.
• Provide legal support to the finance company regarding compliance with applicable state and federal laws including Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, Regulations Z, M and P, Service members Civil Relief Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and applicable state laws. Monitor changes to applicable law and regulation
• Review, revise and update finance company policies and procedures in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Recommend areas of process review, and communicate needed changes to appropriate business and operational units. Assist with and advise on training of employees and management in laws governing HCA
• Provide legal advice concerning licensing and bank examination issues including compliance with corrective measures required as a result of examinations
• Review and resolve complaints from customer counsel and government agencies including state attorneys general
• Provide legal advice with respect to customer concerns and complaints, including delinquencies, extensions, repossessions, recovery and remarketing issues, relating to lease and retail accounts
• Oversee defense of pending HCA litigation, including supervision of outside counsel, review of pleadings, responses, discovery, motions and other documents, communication of significant decision points and recommendations to senior management, and reporting on litigation matters
• Provide legal advice for dealer agreement issues including review of dealer requests for agreement revisions, contract interpretation, and advising on dealer defaults, disputes and HCA remedies
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Juris Doctor Degree
• Member in good standing of State Bar of California
• Six to eight years relevant law firm and/or in-house compliance and litigation experience, with focus upon providing legal and regulatory advice to finance sources
• Excellent writing, analytical and issue-spotting skills
• Ability to research in a thorough and effective manner and to distill complex legal requirements into a usable framework
• Skilled in use of usual technology, and ability to become proficient on CaseTrack, Counselor Library, WESTLAW, and other legal research tools and software
• Willingness to undertake substantial and diverse job responsibilities
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds and skill levels
• Effective time management, work ethic, and attention to detail
How to Apply
Please send your resume along with cover letter and salary history to: HR@hcamerica.com. Included requisition number, position title and your name on the subject line. Attachment must be in MS Word or plain text format.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Irvine Company, Newport Beach
* Not less than five years of legal practice experience as a real estate attorney
* Graduate of nationally recognized law school
* Experience representing real estate developers throughout entire development process
* Experience representing developers of master planned communities
* Outstanding analytical and writing skills
* Practical and results oriented approach coupled with analytical rigor
* Admitted to California Bar
* Current Orange County resident
* Real estate attorney based in the corporate office
* Provide legal services on real estate and related matters to entire company, with an emphasis on Community Development business
* Assist in all legal aspects of land development business, including entitlement, subdivision process, development agreements, easements, land use restrictions, design and construction, license and permitting, CC&Rs, and disclosures
* Assist in all legal aspects of homebuilding business, including licensing, sales, construction, and customer service
* Assist in all legal aspects of resort group sales process
* Draft and negotiate contracts relating to the above, including design consultant contracts, construction contracts, land sale agreements, services agreements, and group sales contracts
* Assist as needed in real estate acquisition transactions and real estate finance transactions
* Assist as needed in corporate secretary, intellectual property, information technology, privacy, employment and other matters
* Reports to General Counsel
To Apply: https://www.irvinecompany.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=11162&CurrentPage=15
Notes on Contract Work
Are you are interested in doing short-term work as an independent contractor, usually for litigation and due diligence projects, usually through an agency, and most often for law firms? We do not include these sorts of positions in this Job List, but if you are interested, there seems to be a constant demand and turn-over. So we would encourage you to contact directly our long-standing sponsor, who has extensive experience handling these sorts of placements:
402 West Broadway, Suite 1200
San Diego, CA 92101
And as a matter of full disclosure, another local company that advertises these sorts of positions is:
4520 Executive Drive, Suite 227
San Diego, California 92121-3020
858-453-0133 · Fax: 858-453-7508
Copyright © 2011 by
Association of Corporate Counsel, San Diego Chapter
All rights reserved.