NJCCA President's Message
by Lee Bream
To the Membership,
Chapter Priorities for 2008:
We are a membership-based organization and driven by your needs - or what we perceive as your needs. At our last Board meeting, I presented my list of priorities for the year for how we can best serve member interests. These include in no particular order the following:
Note: the program we will offer for mini-CLE or our all day conference in September are based on the results of our member survey.
- Ensuring all training we provide is CLE qualified
- Offering additional webcast programs
- Complete the transition to online registration
- Promote the networking capabilities of our Spring Cocktail event and Golf Outing
- Encourage and promote activities under Career Management & Transition, Diversity & Minority Bar Relations, New to In-House, Pro Bono & Outreach and Women's Networking Committees
- Continously benchmark for improvement against other chapters of ACC
- Continue our advocacy efforts
Save the Date:
Our Spring Cocktail reception is scheduled for May 13 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Pleasantdale Chateau in West Orange (the location for last Fall's membership dinner). I encourage all members to have some fun networking with your colleagues and our sponsors, enjoy some jazz, good food, a walking tour of the grounds and a special wine tasting of some Spanish wines (at 5:00 pm, limited to 40 people). If there is new attorney in your office, I encourage you to invite them to attend this event.
I encourage those new to in-house or those in transition to use this unique networking opportunity. You can even sign-up online!
Updating Your Contact Info:
If you have recently changed jobs, moved or in-transition, remember to update your contact information at the ACC website. In that way, you can continue to receive our newsletters and announcements. Go to the Member link of the ACC website: http://www.acc.com/php/cms/index.php?id=12
If anyone has comments or questions (especially on our Chapter Priorities) please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.