It is with a sense of excitement, motivation and deep humility that I begin my term as NJCCA president. I look forward to serving the interests of the New Jersey in-house legal community with professionalism and distinction. The following is a list of ten things I hope to accomplish during my term:
- Continue to provide value as the only New Jersey based association serving the needs of the in-house corporate community.
- Continue the many successes of the immediate past Presidents, including steadily increasing the NJCCA’s membership and providing networking opportunities for our members throughout the year. I think that the opportunity to network with in-house and outside corporate counsel at events and programs is one of the unique and most important benefits of an NJCCA membership.
- Continue to provide our four premier events: The annual all-day Continuing Legal Education (CLE) conference, the end-of-year dinner (with CLE offered), the spring cocktail reception (with CLE offered), and the Golf Outing.
- Continue to provide – and increase and enhance – the many CLE programs offered to in-house counsel throughout the year, including in-person programs and non-traditional format programs such as webinars or links to programs on-line.
- Continue to provide – and increase and enhance – community outreach, diversity, and pro bono endeavors.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with sponsors and increase opportunities for sponsor exposure. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without the support of our sponsors and we thank you immensely for your involvement with NJCCA.
- Redesign and improve the NJCCA’s web site and newsletter to, among other things, provide a more visually pleasing and user-friendly interface and continuing access to timely information and a substantive legal topic each month.
- Maintain and enhance NJCCA’s visibility on a regional and national level, whether through publication of timely articles in the Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Magazine and the New Jersey Law Journal, or active participation in national ACC initiatives and events.
- Maintain and increase opportunities for members to become actively involved in NJCCA activities and governance, and actively seek out the next generation of NJCCA leadership.
- Continue to provide what we believe to be the only in-house corporate counsel cartoon in the nation, “Overruled!”
In the coming months, I will elaborate upon these initiatives in my monthly President’s Letters. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if you have any ideas to share, questions, suggestions, or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you so that we may continue to better serve your needs. I may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (201) 272-5308.