Dear NJCCA Member:
Have you implemented value-based pricing, or any of the related management practices advocated as part of ACC’s Value Challenge? If you have, we would love to hear your story! You could be selected and recognized as an ACC Value Champion!
We want to hear about all sorts of value practices. Perhaps what you did was quite innovative, or maybe you led your department’s first value initiative, using "101-level" management practices. Bottom line: if you reduced spending, increased predictability or improved legal outcomes, we want your nomination.
Here are just a few examples of the many ways you could be a Value Champion:
- Applying a flat fee with a success bonus to a thorny matter, resulting in a great result at a lower cost.
- Implementing a project management program in your practice area that resulted in hitting your budgets on every matter, all year.
- Putting a portfolio of similar work into a retainer arrangement and getting great added-value consulting along with the predictability you were seeking.
- Mapping out matter processes to pinpoint inefficiencies and redesigning the workflow to drive out unnecessary steps and costs.
- Installing an extranet to support a knowledge management program across all of your panel firms, reducing fees across the board.
- Using a fee structure that got your firms really invested in reducing claims and winning more cases.
- Employing a combination of value practices to drive savings, predictability and outcomes.
Tell us your story and get the recognition you deserve. ACC wants to celebrate your accomplishments and share your management tactics, enabling others to model your successes and drive value for clients.
You can nominate yourself or another in-house law department leader for a project that did not involve a law firm, or you can let us know about a great department/law firm collaboration.
Nominations are due by March 15, 2012. To submit your story, or for more information, please visit www.acc.com/valuechampions. If you have any questions, please contact Catherine J. Moynihan at email@example.com or +1 202.293.4103 x398.
Veta T. Richardson
President and CEO
Association of Corporate Counsel